Yes, it is safe to run at 4 am.
Running at 4 am is completely safe as long as you follow a couple of safety tips.
Plus, the period before the morning hours is peaceful and less crowded.
You must plan out safely if you are a morning person and love to run pre-dawn.
So, what things should you consider? Keep reading to know everything about 4 am runs.
Why You Will Love Ro Run At 4 am
If you are a morning runner, will help you focus on the terrain because there is insufficient light.
Also, you will notice no crowds, traffic, cooler temperature, and, a serene environment. In this way, you can connect with the surrounding even more.
Also, at this time of day, you can try ways to burn fat while running effectively. This is because, after night fasting, the body will burn stored fat.
Plus, running in the quiet time makes you experience the best time. You can develop this morning habit if you have a busy schedule and family commitments in day to day life.
Also, it's perfect if you are a fitness enthusiast, as it helps you avoid many health problems. Remember to fulfill your required hours of sleep.
A morning training plan will help you set a daily schedule and have time for life commitments. Further, this will energise you for all your daily activities.
Safety Precautions for Early Morning Runs
Here are some safety precautions for morning bout:
- Carry personal safety devices like a charged GPS phone. Also, keep pepper or bear spray and self-defence tools for some unfortunate situations.
- A night light is best for your early morning jog and run. Carry the trail running headlamp guide to pick the best light. It should have a good battery, perfect fit, and, brightness setting.
- A headlamp can be the best option, like NightBuddy™ 230º LED headlamp.
- Wear running gear like dry-fit clothes, running shoes from your shoe closet, etc.
- At this time of day you should wear reflective gear on your body. For example, reflective stripes on clothes and armbands.
- As a morning runner, download offline maps. It will help you in tricky situations in the wee hours.
- This time of day can bring surprises. So, you should study the route, wildlife, locals, and weather before the run.
- Inform your entire family and friends about your plans.
- If you're not confident to run at odd hours, run with someone, a personal trainer, or join a runner community. You will gain confidence after a couple of times.
- You can have some morning snacks and water.
- On cold winter mornings, carry layers, rain jackets, or a cup of coffee in an insulated bottle.
You should also remember to mix the form of exercise as it helps in recovery. Include rest if you have lesser muscle coordination, stiff muscles, or muscle pull. Also, include days of strength training to improve running.
Plus, your conditions during training must be good for maximum exercise. So, get an annoying alarm clock to build this habit. Plus, it will set a cycle and you will have a natural sunrise wake-up alarm.
How do I wake up at 4 am to run?
You should have a sound sleep to wake up at 4 am. Also, 7-8 hours of sleep and going to bed on time is helpful. Set a decent alarm clock, and you will gradually build the habit as a morning runner. Don't overdo it if you have lack of sleep and bring a loud alarm clock to train yourself
What are the benefits of running at 4 am?
Running at a 4 am block of time helps in weight management and body composition. After the night fast, the body will burn the stored body fat during the run, which leads to weight loss. Also, it's good for cardiovascular health, immune health, bones, and quality of sleep.
Should I eat something before the pre-dawn run?
If you are having morning runs that are long and vigorous, you can have a light breakfast. But, if your run is short and moderate, you can skip eating. Also, avoid black coffee intake and eat healthily.
The 4 am time can be your favorite workout time due to its many advantages. So, use the best running and protective gear for the morning running habit. Stay safe and enjoy the effects of exercise.